As you might have noticed, JDeveloper 184.108.40.206.0 brought the pagination feature for tables back. Looks a bit different than the old style, but is available again.
When I tested the paging of table I stumbled upon some interesting stuff. Luc Bors (ADF 220.127.116.11 : The return of the paging table (… and more ….)) and Andrejus Baranoski (ADF 11g PS6 – ADF 10g Table Pagination Feature is Back Finally) posted samples using the new pagination feature. However, when I tried it out at first, the pagination did not show up.
I checked the settings
- scrollPolicy=’page’ (yes, this is a new attribute for the table component)
But they were set correct. Then I found the message
falling back to scrolling mode since we need parent component to flow and authHeightRows=0
in my log window and things cleared up.
As Luc wrote in his article, you have to put the table in a layout container in flow mode. This I did not (I read it but did not pay attention at first). To say it again, to make pagination work, the table has to be in a layout container in flow mode. This can e.g. a panelGroupLayout or a showDetailHeader.
If you look into the tag doc of the af:table component, the section
- This component can be stretched by a parent layout component that stretches its children, e.g. panelStretchLayout.
- When stretching this component, the only valid setting for autoHeightRows is “-1” (a value of 0 will be treated as -1 when stretched).
- When NOT stretched, autoHeightRows=”0″ can be used to size the height to the fetch size, which is similar to dimensionsFrom=”children”. Please refer to ‘autoHeightRows’ attribute for more information.
- This component does not stretch its children.
If the oracle.adf.view.rich.geometry.DEFAULT_DIMENSIONS context-param is set to “auto” in the project’s web.xml, and the autoHeightRows value is set to 0, or is not set, the AFStretchWidth style class will be rendered for this component.
It’s not described clearly in the doc, but as you have to set autoHeightRows=0 to make pagination work, you can’t put a table in paging mode in a layout container in stretch mode. After changing the page, or better adding a new page with a layout container in scroll mode (here a panelGroupLayout) the pagination showed up:
You can download the sample from ADF EMG Samples page. The sample uses JDeveloper 18.104.22.168.0 and the HR DB schema.